1944 – Marlborough Boys Club Inc. opened in a rental hall in the old Hunter Block on Main Street.
1946 – The Club was chartered as a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and moved to a new location on Mechanic Street.
1954 – The Club had collected $15,000 from various fundraisers and used the money as a down payment for a new building on Rawlins Avenue (known as the Pastime Theater Building).
1972 – The Club was transformed into a year-round operation, adding programs, staff and a full-time Director.
1983 – The Club’s Board of Directors voted to sell the Pastime Theater Building and purchase the vacant Mitchell School on Pleasant Street (where our Marlborough Clubhouse is still housed today).
1991 – Marlborough Boys Clubs Inc. became the Marlborough Boys & Girls Clubs Inc.
1996 – Marlborough Boys & Girls Clubs Inc. and Girls Inc. merged.
1999 – The Hollis Street Clubhouse in Framingham opened, focused on serving middle school students, and the organization became the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Marlborough.
2000 – The Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Marlborough, Inc., Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson, and the Hudson Youth Center merged to become the Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest.
2003 – The Hudson Clubhouse underwent a two million dollar expansion.
2008 – The Hollis Street Clubhouse relocates to 154 Pearl Street in Framingham, known as the Pearl Street Clubhouse.
2016 – The Pearl Street Clubhouse relocates to 25 Clinton Street in Framingham, known as the Framingham Clubhouse.
2019 – The Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest became the primary before and after school care provider for the Marlborough Public Schools.
Today, the Boys & Girls Clubs of MetroWest is one of the largest Boys & Girls Club organizations in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, serving over 3,200 members at our three Clubhouses in Framingham, Hudson and Marlborough.